One of the main reasons a 1939 Washington Quarter is popular for collectors is due to the presence of silver in the coin's composition. Silver was eventually 1939 Washington Quarter: Minting information, specifications, characteristics, current Coin Info. Melt Value. $3.06. Country. United States. Type. Silver Coin. ways to invest in silver. Starting in 1932, the US government minted silver quarters with 90% silver. silver coins. The highest selling silver quarters are indeed some of the rare silver coins. 1939 D, 7,092,000, $3.50 – $130.00. 1939 S 1932-1964 silver quarter values are updated with live silver prices on Coinflation. 1939 D, Shop, 7,092,000, $3.50 - $3.75, $4.00 - $4.50, $10.00 - $12.00 1939-S Washington Quarter Value in mint state is worth $80 and up retail but it must be in a PCGS, NGC, ANACS or ICG Washington Quarter Silver Melt Value. Silver quarters weigh 6.25 grams and are composed of 90% silver, (DDO); 1937-S; 1938-S; 1939-S; 1940-D; 1942-D – with Doubled Die Many of these coins are worth only melt value in low grades.
This melt value is calculated from the current silver spot price of $14.66 per ounce. The 1939 dime with no mint mark is worth around $3 in very fine condition. In extremely fine condition the value is around $3.25.
Grading the 1939 Washington Quarter For any coin that is part of a collection, the condition the coin is in will be called into question by any and all collectors. Washington Quarters, being a bit larger than average coins, were especially prone to damage and many pieces show ample signs of wear and tear. Production: 2,628,000 Washington Quarters were minted at the San Francisco mint in 1939. Silver: This coin is 90% Silver with a silver weight of around .1808 troy ounce pure silver. The other 10% is copper having no significant intrinsic value. 1939 silver Washington Quarter images, facts, values. Value 1939 Washington Head Qaurter, key date prices and images. Do you have a 1939 MS67 quarter worth $345? At the time of writing, a US 90% silver quarter (dated 1964 or earlier) is worth $5.55 for the silver content. A Canadian quarter dated 1920-1967 80% silver quarter is worth $4.63, a Canadian
At a minimum, a pre-1965 Washington quarter is worth junk silver value. Read about Multiply this by the current 'spot' price of silver (available at kitco.com) and you get the minimum value of your coin. 1939S -- $8 in F12, $120 in MS63
1939 Half Dollar Value. Your 1939 half dollar value is $6.98 but quickly increases in worth if your coin is in better than average condition. Also the mint that struck your coin changes the value. Of the three mints in operation at the time the fewest halves were minted in San Francisco. Quarters minted between 1932 and 1964 are made of 90% silver and are highly sought after for their silver value or by coin collectors looking to add the specimens to their collection. Use the table below to find average coin prices and values based on the condition of your coin. 1932-1964 silver quarter values are updated with live silver prices on Coinflation. Accurate prices can be determined from knowing the metal or melt value of the silver quarter. Measuring the Metal Value of Coins – Base Metal, Gold, and Silver Coins The silver melt value for this coin is $2.66 as of March 14, 2020. This melt value is calculated from the current silver spot price of $14.69 per ounce. The 1939 quarter with no mint mark is worth around $8 in extremely fine condition.